KUALA LUMPUR, Mar 25, 2011 - (ACN Newswire) - Marcus Evans will present the 2nd Annual Affordable Housing Projects taking place on the 25th - 27th of July 2011 at the Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This conference provides the perfect platform to explore the dynamics of low cost housing development, inclusionary housing policies, the various funding options available, greater private sector participation, construction materials & technology, design & sustainability, project management for the enablement of cross cutting collaboration between business and social entrepreneurs.
The agenda includes a choice of three streams over two days. The streams are Urban Development & Regeneration, Innovative Materials & Technologies and Housing Finance. The Post Conference Workshop on the third day will focus on delivering successful affordable housing projects from inception to completion by drawing on project management.
According to a report by ADB, there are currently more than 1 billion people worldwide who live in inadequate housing, the majority in urban slums and squatter settlements. Much of the increasing urbanisation will take place in developing countries and will be focused on Asia and Africa. Currently 33% of all urban residents are estimated to fall below the poverty level of their country. These regions are in the throes of what could be called, without exaggeration, a housing crisis resultant to rapid population growth and disproportionate urbanisation.
Speakers in the 2nd Annual Affordable Housing Projects include:
- YB. Dato' Wira Chor Chee Heung, Minister of Ministry of Housing and Local Government, Malaysia
- Dato' S.K. Devamany, Deputy Minister of Prime Minister's Department, Malaysia
- Michael Lennon, CEO of Housing Choices, Australia
- Prof Dr. Sr. Kamarul Rashdan Haji Salleh, Managing Director of Syarikat Perumahan Negara Berhad (SPNB), Malaysia
- R. V. Verma, Chairman & Managing Director of National Housing Bank, India and Vice Chairman of Asia Pacific Union for Housing Finance
- Dr. Maher Abouseif, Urban Development Specialist of Ministry of Municipalities and Urban Planning Affairs, Kingdom of Bahrain
- Christine Engstrom, Senior Structured Finance Specialist of Asian Development Bank, Philippines
- Narayanasamy Kokularupan, Consultant, Housing Finance of International Finance Corporation (IFC), Malaysia
- Prof. Bernard V. Lim, Founding President of Hong Kong Institute of Urban Design, China, Principal of AD+RG Architecture Design and Research Group and Member of the Building Committee, Hong Kong Housing Authority
- Mohammad Asfour, Chair of Jordan Green Building Council and Vice Chair Advocacy Committee of Sustainable Buildings & Climate Initiative United Nations Environment Programme
This conference is proudly supported by the Ministry of Housing and Local Government, Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau, International Project Finance Association, International Society of City and Regional Planners, Project Management Institute Malaysia Chapter, Infrastructuredeals.com and Property Report.
For more information, please visit www.affordablehousing-lse.com/acn
About Marcus Evans group
marcus evans is an international business events and information company with four main principle areas of business activity: Business Events, Business Training, Corporate Hospitality, Business Information & Market Research, Sports Franchise. marcus evans employs more than 3500 people in over 36 countries around the globe delivering intelligence and business products across a full range of commercial sectors, including Capital Markets, delivering intelligence and business products across a full range of commercial sectors, including Capital Markets, Life Sciences, Defence, Healthcare, Information technology and Legal.
Ms. Esther Wong
T: +603 2723 6736
E: [email protected]
Source: Marcus Evans group
Topic: Trade Show or Conference
Sectors: Trade Shows
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2017 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.
|Marcus Evans group Releated News|
|Mar 7, 2016 23:00 HKT/SGT|
|Comprehensive 'Safe System' Approach to Reduce Road Death in Southeast Asia |
|July 8, 2014 09:35 HKT/SGT|
|Sept 13, 2012 21:00 HKT/SGT|
|Boosting Power Plant Efficiency & Reliability|
|July 4, 2012 18:00 HKT/SGT|
|Minister of Housing and Local Government, Malaysia Presented at the 3rd Annual Affordable Housing Projects in Kuala Lumpur|
|June 25, 2012 12:35 HKT/SGT|
|Chevron-Woodside, Shell and Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS to speak at Total Plant Management, Kuala Lumpur|
|June 13, 2012 18:15 HKT/SGT|
|Deputy Director-General of the Department of Natural Resources and Mines, Queensland to Speak at 7th Annual LNG World in Brisbane|
|June 8, 2012 12:10 HKT/SGT|
|CEO Hotel Division of Sun Hung Kai Properties to speak at 3rd Annual Integrated Resorts in Sanya|
|June 8, 2012 12:05 HKT/SGT|
|Chevron-Woodside, Shell and Petronas Carigali to speak at Total Plant Management, Kuala Lumpur|
|June 6, 2012 18:20 HKT/SGT|
|Former Deputy Prime Minister of Australia Presented at the 6th Annual City Development in Chongqing|
|Apr 10, 2012 15:00 HKT/SGT|
|Establishing Effective Legal Risk Management Processes|
|More news >>|