Tokyo and London, Jan 18, 2010 - (ACN Newswire) - NEC Corporation (NEC; TSE:6701) announced today that it will attend the Mobile World Congress 2010 (MWC 2010), a premier industry event held in Barcelona, Spain, on February 15-18 2010.
At Booth 8A125 (Hall 8), NEC will showcase its end-to-end portfolio of carrier-grade cloud solutions and services. NEC's integrated IT and network technology enables carriers to remain competitive and offer a first-class service to their customers, while making cost savings and generating additional revenue. In addition, NEC will outline its vision of mobile backhaul evolution.
"NEC is a leading provider of both network and IT infrastructure," said Toshiyuki Mineno, Senior Vice President at NEC Corporation. "In the cloud era, mobile operators and carriers are looking to companies like NEC that offer both network and IT services to help tap fresh cloud-based IT revenues."
On its stand, NEC will demonstrate its service applications and platforms including:
- Managed Desktop Service, a new ICT service realized by NEC's IT and networks integration solution;
- NEC's Digital Signage solution, a leading-edge advertising service, that will help carriers to enrich their ICT service offering through networking;
"XaaS" service solutions for mobile operators looking to capture the new IT service opportunity - from SaaS (Software as a Service) applications to a carrier-grade SaaS platform and marketplace;
- The leading solution in OSS fulfillment that provides and manages cloud services and connected devices;
- NEC's Home Gateway Solution which connects mobile operators' customers to their home media and devices from anywhere, maintaining the cloud as the connector between mobile and home domains.
NEC will also show its cutting-edge network portfolio including femtocells and LTE:
- Mobile backhaul - mobile operators face the challenges of rapidly growing, revenue-squeezing data traffic as well as next-generation, bandwidth-hungry technology. NEC will show its product portfolio of next-generation solutions, including a seamless integration of networks and computing with best-in-class customer experience and end-to-end SLAs, providing mobile operators with deep coverage in chosen market segments;
- LTE (Long-Term Evolution) - NEC will demonstrate how SON (Self-Organising Networks) can remove complexity and cost in rolling out and operating LTE networks;
- Femtocell - NEC will show the latest developments in femtocell technology including next-generation access points and new applications;
- Programmable Flow Switch and Controller - OpenFlow-based switch enabling flow visualization and network virtualization by interworking with servers to realize IT and Network integrated management.
In addition, NEC spokespeople and subject matter experts will present papers at the conference, including:
'Opportunities and Challenges for the Next Evolution of Femtocells'
K. Jay Miyahara, Corporate Chief Engineer, NEC Corporation
1400 - 1530, Tuesday, February 16
'Strategic Business Transformation towards SOA'
Ken Tanoue, Chief Manager, Carrier Network Business Unit, NEC Corporation
1350 - 1410, Monday, February 15
NEC Europe Ltd.
Topic: Press release summary
Sectors: Electronics, Wireless & Mobility, Exhibitions
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2021 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.