|Fully 3D MMORPG delivers online multiplayer gameplay and dark fantasy story progression|
San Francisco, July 11, 2013 - (ACN Newswire) - Glu Mobile Inc. (NASDAQ: GLUU), a leading global developer and publisher of free-to-play games for smartphone and tablet devices, today announced the availability of, Black Gate: Inferno, the first game released by Glu's publishing organization. A fully online 3D MMORPG, Black Gate: Inferno challenges players to real-time multiplayer gameplay in a deep, dark fantasy world. Taking place in the time of the "Endless Darkness," players will enjoy exploring open environments, collecting over 200,000 unique pieces of equipment, and forming cooperative guilds with other online players. In-game chat and messaging enable players to coordinate attacks, trade valuable items, and discuss the progressive storyline spanning 50 levels. Players have six hero classes with customizable skill trees to aid them in the quest to rule the leaderboards and lead the strongest guild.
Developed by Chinese publishing partner EGLS, Black Gate: Inferno is already an established top grossing MMORPG in the Chinese market. Glu's studio resources provided UX/UI expertise, economy balancing, localization of art styles, and consultation on gameplay mechanics. Glu and EGLS are pleased to collaborate and deliver proven gameplay mechanics with broad market appeal.
"Glu's publishing business offers world-class distribution, reach and technical expertise," said Chris Akhavan, Glu Mobile President of Publishing. "We are pleased to work with EGLS and anticipate that Western audiences will find the deep storyline and immersive gameplay in Black Gate: Inferno compelling. We are confident that this title has the elements necessary to achieve success at a global scale."
About Black Gate: Inferno
Black Gate: Inferno offers an impressive 3D MMORPG experience on mobile. Beautiful environments, dramatic lighting effects, and challenging real-time multiplayer gameplay offer an immersive world with seemingly endless ways to compete. Assuming the role of "the chosen ancient legend," the fate of the world rests in your hands. An evil darkness has consumed your world and with it came many enemies. Will you fight back the darkness or let the world plunge into chaos and destruction?!
Features of Black Gate: Inferno include -
EXPERIENCE A REAL ONLINE MMORPG
- Players can join real-time fights, PVE instances and various other activities.
- Charge into battle whenever and wherever possible while sharing your experiences with your friends.
PVE, PVP & CO-OP GAMEPLAY
- Join Forces - Create guilds with other online players to assist in battle and share resources.
- Explore Ruins - Old and mystical ruins with divine troops and treasure of ancient times are waiting.
- Chariot Racing - Take the reins of a chariot and bomb anything that resists you to pieces.
- Monster Killing Spree - Kill all monsters and forge your crown of glory in their blood.
- Epic Instances - Conquer monsters alone or with up to 4-players in co-op mode.
- Team Defense - Defend the "Tower of Watchmen" against hordes of demons with your friends.
- War of Ice and Fire - PvP arena with real-time battles.
- Kingdom War - Attack other kingdoms and build your statue in the ruins of your conquests.
COLLECT & ENHANCE YOUR GEAR.
- Find, collect, and trade items and gear throughout your adventures.
- Enhance items to increase their stats.
- More than 200,000 pieces of equipment are available to collect, enhance and sell.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHARACTER
- Six unique classes available - Warrior, Archer, Wizard, Necromancer, Assassin, and Knight.
- Explore numerous class-unique abilities or attributes and hundreds of exciting skills.
Black Gate: Inferno is available for free from the App Store or at www.AppStore.com/BlackGateInferno. The game is available in the United States, Canada, and Australia at launch.
Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is a leading global developer and publisher of free-to-play games for smartphone and tablet devices. Glu is focused on creating compelling original IP games such as CONTRACT KILLER, GUN BROS, DEER HUNTER, BLOOD & GLORY, and SAMURAI VS. ZOMBIES DEFENSE on a wide range of platforms including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and MAC OS. Glu's unique technology platform enables its titles to be accessible to a broad audience of consumers globally. Founded in 2001, Glu is headquartered in San Francisco with a major office outside Seattle, and international locations in Canada, China, India, and Russia. Consumers can find high-quality entertainment wherever they see the 'g' character logo or at www.glu.com . For live updates, please follow Glu via Twitter at www.twitter.com/glumobile or become a Glu fan at www.Facebook.com/glumobile .
FRONTLINE COMMANDO, CONTRACT KILLER, GUN BROS, DEER HUNTER, BLOOD & GLORY, SAMURAI VS. ZOMBIES DEFENSE, GLU, GLU MOBILE and the 'g' character logo are trademarks of Glu Mobile Inc.
Glu Mobile Inc.
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of Thomson Reuters clients.
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Glu Mobile Inc. via Thomson Reuters ONE
Topic: Press release summary
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2018 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.