BANGKOK, Aug 6, 2013 - (ACN Newswire) - The organizers announced the 39 GOLD and EXCELLENCE award winners of the Asian Hospital Management Awards 2013. The winners were chosen out of 298 entries representing 78 hospitals across 13 countries.
There is an embargo on who won the GOLD and who won the EXCELLENCE award in each category. They will be revealed during the official ceremonies and Gala Awards night on Friday, September 13, 2013 at the Shangri-La Hotel in Bangkok.
The awards program, now in its twelfth year, recognizes and honors hospitals in Asia that carry out best practices. It is the accepted hospital management awards program for the Asia Pacific region.
Awards are given to hospitals in the region that, in the opinion of the judges and advisers, have implemented or enhanced outstanding and innovative projects, programs, and best practices during the previous year.
The annual Hospital Management Asia (HMA) conference will be held at the Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok on September 12 & 13, 2013. Concurrently, Medical Fair Thailand (MFT) will take place at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre on September 12-14, 2013.
HMA 2013 is organized by Exedra Events and presented in cooperation with The Private Hospital Association of Thailand, Medical Fair Thailand, Microsoft, Joint Commission International, Austco Marketing & Service (Asia) Ltd, The Australian Council on Healthcare Standards International (ACHSI), Elsevier, Det Norske Veritas Healthcare, Inc., Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau, the New Zealand Trade & Enterprise, VisualDx, International Hospital Federation (IHF), Asian Hospital Federation (AHF) and a number of hospital associations in the region.
Knowledge Partners are MIMS and BillBelew.com. Conference partners include the Association of Healthcare Providers (India), Association of Private Hospitals of Malaysia (APHM), ASTRON Hospital & Healthcare Consultants Private Limited, Continua Health Alliance, Healthcare Federation of India, Hong Kong Hospital Authority, Ho Chi Minh City Medical Association, Indian Health Care Quality Forum, Indonesian Hospital Association, Japan Hospital Association, Korean Hospital Association, Ministry of Health Vietnam, Private Hospitals Association of the Philippines, and The Medical Practitioner Society of Ho Chi Minh City.
HMA is also supported by BusinessWorld, Digital Health, Global Health Press, Hospitals Management, Medica Tourism, Medical Tribune, MIMS Gateway, OncoTribune, and PharmacyToday. PR Partners are ACN Newswire, Creative Crest,and Integrated Public Relations.
THE WINNERS OF THE 12TH ASIAN HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT AWARDS ARE:
(In alphabetical order per category)
Note: Who won GOLD or EXCELLENCE awards will be announced on Sep 13.
CATEGORY 1: Corporate Social Responsibility Project
- Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi (India) - "Billion Hearts Beating Foundation"
- Assunta Hospital (Malaysia) - "Back to basics.......reflecting on our Mission."
- Our Lady of Maryknoll Hospital (Hong Kong) - "Connecting with Community - comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Promotion Programs in Community"
CATEGORY 2: Cost Reduction Project
- Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Madurai (India) - "To Control the expenses for CAG and PTCA Procedures."
- Cardinal Santos Medical Center (Philippines) - "Shifting Shift: The Cardinal Santos Medical Center Nursing Division Journey to Manpower Cost Efficiency"
- RenCi Hospital (Singapore) - "The RenCiWastebusters!"
- West China Hospital, Sichuan University (China) - "The urological day surgery project in West China Hospital"
CATEGORY 3: Human Resource Development Project
- Apollo Hospital Hyderabad (India) - "Apollo Simulation Laboratory"
- Cardinal Santos Medical Center (Philippines) - "Career Laddering Program"
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Hong Kong)- "Project KCCian-An Innovative Training Program for Newly graduated Nurses"
- Samitivej Srinakarin Hospital (Thailand) - "Team Up Power Up"
- Wuxi Second Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University (China) - "Construction of Hospital "Talent Tree" Project - a project to improve quality of academic leaders and common staff"
CATEGORY 4: Service Improvement for Internal Customers Project
- Aga Khan University Hospital (Pakistan) - "Supply chain Re-engineering for Pharmaceuticals"
- Apollo Hospital Hyderabad (India) - "Apollo Simulation Laboratory"
- Dr. B.L. Kapur Memorial Hospital (India) - "Help Desk Manager"
- Kwong Wah Hospital (Hong Kong) - "Manual Handling Operation Project - implementation of Red Dot Mobility System"
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital (Thailand) - "Smart Pharmaceutical Care"
CATEGORY 5: Marketing, PR or Promotional Project
- Bangkok Hospital Phuket (Thailand) - "Be healthy Fair in Bangkok Hospital-Phuket"
- Kamineni Hospitals (India) - "Kidney Care Water Saves Lives"
- Singapore National Eye Centre (Singapore) - "MyEyeDrops Mobile App for Glaucoma patients and caregivers"
CATEGORY 6: Patient Safety Project
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai (India) - "Antimicrobial Stewardship Programme"
- National University Hospital (Singapore)- "Improving Communication through Structured Clinical Handover Process to Ensure Patient Safety"
- The Medical City (Philippines) - "Application of an Automated Monitoring System to Increase Hand Hygiene Compliance in an Intensive Care Unit"
- Tuen Mun Hospital, New Territories West Cluster, Hong Kong Hospital Authority (Hong Kong) - "Organisation of Patient Safety Walk Rounds in Tuen Mun Hospital, New Territories West Cluster, Hong Kong Hospital Authority"
CATEGORY 7: Clinical Service Improvement Project
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital (India) - "Pressure ulcer: zero tolerance"
- Queen Mary Hospital (Hong Kong) - "Establishment of Nurse-led Clinic to shorten waiting time for Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) operation and build better patient partnerships by re-engineering pre-operative assessment of patients with life threatening coronary artery diseases"
- United Christian Hospital (Hong Kong) - "Empowerment program for Peritoneal Dialysis patients with eye-hand function impairment through "UC Device""
- United Christian Hospital (Hong Kong)-"SAVENET (Safe Approach Via empowerment of Nurses in Evaluation and Treatment"
CATEGORY 8: Customer Service Project
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai (India) - "Patient Satisfaction Tracking System (PSTS)-A break through Innovation in Healthcare for Voice of Customer Process"
- Princess Margaret Hospital (Hong Kong)- "PEACE Program: To promote a 'Good Death' experience in Hong Kong"
- Tan Tock Seng Hospital Pte Ltd (Singapore) - "Service Excellence through Lean in Multi-Disciplinary Surgical Clinic"
CATEGORY 9: Bio Medical Equipment / Facilities Improvement Project
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata (India) - "Project Product: Severity Index Scoring For Biomedical Equipment"
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai (India) - "Phasing out Mercury from Apollo Hospital"
- Bangkok Hospital Phuket (Thailand) - "One stop service for check up in Wellness Center, Bangkok Hospital Phuket"
- Mary Mediatrix Medical Center (Philippines) - "Enhancing Customer Satisfaction through comprehensive Bio Medical Equipment Management"
- Pamela YoudeNethersole (Hong Kong) - "Safe Implementation of ECMO Service through High Fidelity Simulation Training"
CATEGORY 10: Innovations in Hospital Management and Governance
- Aga Khan University Hospital (Pakistan)- "Modification in shift working hours for employees at Aga Khan University Hospital"
- Apollo Hospitals Dhaka (India) - "Passion Led Patient Care"
- KK Women's and Children's (Singapore) - "KKH nursing shared governance: A model for Greater Ground Engagement"
To book your tables for the Awards Gala Night on September 13, contact Karla Alcaraz on +63 846 8339 or email [email protected]
To register as a delegate: Efren Soliman at [email protected]
For Awards sponsorship: Rachel Fabon at [email protected]
About Hospital Management Asia (HMA)
HMA was awarded BEST MANAGED EVENT in the Asian Conference Awards 2013, organized by the London-based Global Conference Network.
HMA, now in its 13th year, is the largest educational event for healthcare managers in Asia. HMA 2014 is organized by Exedra Events and presented by the Private Hospitals Association of the Philippines (PHAPi), in cooperation with Johns Hopkins International, Joint Commission International, Austco Marketing & Service (Asia), The Australian Council on Healthcare Standards, DNV GL, Elsevier, RiskMan International Pty Ltd, Wolters Kluwer Health|UpToDate, the International Hospital Federation, the Asian Hospital Federation, and a number of national associations and organizations across Asia: Association of Healthcare Providers (India), ASTRON Hospital & Healthcare Consultants Private Limited, Healthcare Federation of India, Hong Kong Hospital Authority, Ho Chi Minh City Medical Association, Indian Health Care Quality Forum, Indonesian Hospital Association, Japan Hospital Association, Korean Hospital Association, Ministry of Health Vietnam, Myanmar Private Hospital Association, The Medical Practitioner Society of Ho Chi Minh City. For more information, please visit www.hospitalmanagementasia.com.
Marketing and Media Coordinator
Tel: +632 846 8339
Email: [email protected]
Source: Hospital Management Asia (HMA)
Topic: Awards received
Sectors: Daily Finance, HealthCare
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.