|Thursday, 12 September 2013, 16:30 HKT/SGT|
China, Sept 12, 2013 - (ACN Newswire) - With a little more than a month until the CASBAA Convention 2013, the Association announced a stellar roster of speakers who will be taking part in a variety of compelling panel discussions during the event. Taking place from 21-24 October 2013 at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, the 20th edition of the Convention will celebrate the continually evolving broadcasting industry with Change is ON THE AIR.
"We are excited about the caliber of guests we have lined-up for the Convention this year," said Christopher Slaughter, CEO, CASBAA. "Representing the full value chain of the broadcasting industry not only in Asia but across the world, our roster of speakers will lend their considerable expertise to a comprehensive schedule of panel discussions over the three days of the Convention."
Appearing at this year's Convention will be a select group of internationally renowned leaders and experts across a variety of industries - all with a stake in multichannel TV around the globe - including:
- John Tsang Chun-wah, Financial Secretary, Government of Hong Kong SAR
- Sam Branson, Founder & Chairman, Sundog Pictures
- Jeremy Carr, VP, Entertainment, Digital & Advertising Sales Asia Pacific, Turner International
- Derek Chang, MD Asia, Scripps Networks
- Simeon Dawes, SVP, Advertising Sales & Partnerships, FOX One Stop Media
- Arjan Hoekstra, President, Discovery Networks Asia
- Kar-Tai Koh, Global Brand Manager, Shell Advance Motorcycle
- Brian Lau, VP, Programming, STAR Movies, FOX International Channels
- Ravi Mansulkhani, CEO, IMCL
- Charlie Muirhead, CEO & Founder, Rightster
- Jean-Briac (JB) Perrette, Chief Digital Officer, Discovery Communications
- Jim Ribbans, Executive Producer, Original Content, FOX International Channels
- Mike Rich, CEO, Content (APAC), GroupM
- Uday Shankar, CEO, STAR India; Chairman, FICCI Entertainment Committee
- Bertram Van Munster, Co-Director, Asia, activeTV
- Johnny Webb, Partner, Sundog Pictures
- Courtney Williams, MD, Business Development and Strategy, Asia Pacific, AMC/Sundance Channel Global
- Anthony Zameczkowski, Head of Music, YouTube APAC
- And many more
Highlighting the diverse range of panels and sessions this year:
- Talking TV - What's been happening on TV in the past year and what's coming up... as well as trends and outliers. (With Branson, Van Munster, Webb)
- Formats Asia @ CASBAA - Programme formats are an increasingly important element contributing to the success of pay TV in Asia. CASBAA is proud to welcome Formats Asia to the Convention to provide a forum for both buyers and sellers to discuss the issues that matter most.
- In Conversation: The Digital Tail and the Pay TV Dog - As channels and platforms begin or expand their online delivery, a multitude of options are being explored. (With Perrette)
- Women Media Network Breakfast - We are the thought leaders of today - but what do we want our children to see tomorrow? Media influences our consumption, our thoughts and even the way our children and the next generation will see the world.
- Digitised India - India's ongoing digitisation exercise is perhaps the greatest wholesale shift in a market our industry has ever seen, anywhere in the world. (With Shankar, Mansulkhani, Gandhi)
- Monetising OTT - The technology is amazing, the apps are hot, the devices are everywhere - but making a profitable OTT service is a complicated proposition. (With Carr, Lau, Zameczkowski)
- In Conversations: Aggregating Eyeballs Online - Multi-Channel Networks are emerging online, utilizing the YouTube platform to distribute, market, and offer direct media sales. (With Muirhead)
- Final Thoughts - Changing of the Guard: The industry has seen plenty of changes in the past twelve months, with plenty more coming. (With Chang, Hoekstra, Williams)
Supporting the CASBAA Convention this year are Presenting Gala Sponsor Turner International Asia Pacific and sponsors Accedo, active TV, AMC/Sundance Channel Global, APT Satellite, Asia Broadcast Satellite, AsiaSat, Bloomberg Television, Brightcove Inc., Channel NewsAsia, Discovery Networks Asia Pacific, Disney, Dolby Laboratories, euronews, France 24, GlobeCast, Intelsat, Invest Hong Kong, Irdeto, ITV Choice, MEASAT Global Berhad, Movideo, now TV, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, Playboy Plus Entertainment Inc., PwC, Scripps Networks, SES, TBN Asia, Time Warner, TV5MONDE, Verimatrix, Viacom International Media Networks, Vivicast Media and WarnerTV.
For more information, please visit www.casbaaconvention.com.
Casbaa is THE trade association for the video industry and ecosystem in Asia Pacific. It serves to make the video industry stronger and healthier through promoting the common interests of its members. Casbaa leads the fight against video piracy, publishes in-depth reports and hosts conferences and seminars aimed to support a vibrant video industry. For more information, visit www.casbaa.com.
Associate Director, PR & Communications
Tel: +852 3929-1712
Email: [email protected]
Topic: Trade Show or Conference
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2020 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.