|Tuesday, 15 July 2014, 17:00 HKT/SGT|
Source: Spikes Asia
SINGAPORE, July 15, 2014 - (ACN Newswire) - The Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity has announced the first 19 speakers who will deliver an outstanding programme of content at the 2014 Festival. This year, the Festival grows from a 3-day to a 4-day event allowing for the biggest line-up of seminars and forums to date.
Some of the unmissable talent taking to the stage will include:
- Stefan Sagmeister, Creative Director, Sagmesiter & Walsh: Stefan formed the New York-based Sagmeister Inc. in 1993 and has since designed for clients as diverse as the Rolling Stones, HBO and the Guggenheim Museum. He has won two Grammies and practically every important international design award.
- DDB Presents: Casey Neistat, Writer, Director, Editor and Filmmaker: Casey has produced dozens of online short films which have been viewed over 70,000,000 times in the last three years. Star of the series The Neistat Brothers on HBO, he has also won the John Cassavetes Award at the 2012 Independent Spirit Awards for producing the film, Daddy Long Legs.
- Bob Greenberg, Founder, Chairman, CEO, R/GA: Bob has been a pioneer in the advertising and communications industry for nearly four decades. R/GA is one of the world's most influential agencies and it is Bob that leads its vision working for renowned brands that include Nike, Beats by Dr. Dre, Unilever, Samsung and Coca-Cola.
- Valerie Cheng, Chief Creative Officer, JWT Singapore: Valerie is one of Asia's best-known integrated communications brand experts. She has been recognised as the Digital Creative Director of the Year by the IAS two years in a row - 2011 and 2012, and has been voted as one of Singapore's Most Influential CDs.
- Polly Chu, Chief Creative Officer, JWT Beijing: Polly is one of the most awarded creatives in China with over 300 awards to her name. Polly was recognised as Greater China Creative of the Year in 2013 by Campaign Asia Pacific, China's Adman of the Year in 2006 and is proud to have been a consultant to the 2008 Beijing Olympics Organising Committee. She has helped nurture a generation of Chinese creatives in over ten years' time in China.
- Josy Paul, Chairman, Chief Creative Officer, BBDO India: Josy is ranked among the most influential people in Indian advertising according to a survey conducted by the Economic Times. Josy's belief that India needs more 'acts, not ads' is earning BBDO India a reputation for creating large successful social movements for brands. He has won 10 Cannes Lions in under five years, including Asia's first Creative Effectiveness Lion.
Other key speakers confirmed for Spikes Asia include:
- Kristian Barnes, CEO, Vizeum APAC
- Julian Boulding, President, thenetworkone
- Rei Inamoto, Chief Creative Officer, VP, AKQA
- Amir Kassaei, Chief Creative Officer, DDB Worldwide
- Marc Landsberg, Founder, CEO, socialdeviant
- Jean Lin, Global CEO, Isobar
- Yoshitaka Matsuura, Strategic Planning Director, Hakuhodo
- Ted Royer, Chief Creative Officer, Droga5
- Will Sansom, Director, Content & Strategy, Contagious Insider
- Mike Schalit, Chief Creative Officer, Net#workBBDO
- Atifa Silk, Brand Director, Campaign Asia
- Rogier Vijverberg, Executive Creative Director, Founder, SuperHeroes
- Nir Wegrzyn, CEO, BrandOpus, London
Commenting on the line-up, Terry Savage, Chairman of Lions Festivals, says, "With Spikes Asia growing into a four day event this year, it's imperative that the content is consistently strong, diverse and inspirational throughout the programme. These first speakers have already set the bar and we're proud to be able to list them as part of the event and bring them in front of the region."
Spikes Asia takes place from 23-26 September at Suntec in Singapore. Entries are still being accepted and anybody wishing to be a part of the Festival can register online, with an earlybird discount until 17 July, at www.spikes.asia.
About Spikes Asia
The Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity, celebrating and inspiring Asia-Pacific creativity in advertising. Suntec City, Singapore, 27-29 September, 2017. Building on 30 years of the illustrious Spikes Awards, the Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity is the result of a collaboration between the organisers of Cannes Lions and Haymarket, publishers of Campaign Asia Pacific.
The Festival provides the region's growing creative and advertising industry with a platform to network and exchange ideas, bringing together some of the finest creative thinkers from across the region and around the world. Spikes Asia, attended by over 1,800 delegates in 2016, offers an inspirational programme of seminars, tech talks and forums, focusing on creativity and learning, exhibitions of creative work from Asia-Pacific, networking events in the evening and the Spikes Asia award show.
The Spikes Awards, judged by leading international and regional creatives, honour the best creative work in the categories of Film, Print, Outdoor, Radio, Digital, Integrated, Direct, Promo & Activation, Media, Print Craft, Film Craft, Design, Mobile, PR, Branded Content & Entertainment, Healthcare and Innovation.
Incorporating Tangrams Effectiveness @ Spikes brings 15 years of celebrating Effectiveness and Strategy under one roof. The Tangrams celebrate the latest thinking in marketing effectiveness and showcase the very best examples of effective brand building from Asia Pacific. The Tangrams awards honour clients and their agencies for marketing strategies that deliver solid results to transform businesses and brands in categories for Effectivenss, Digital Strategy, Media Strategy, Data & Analytics and e-commerce.
Ascential powers the prestigious Cannes Lions festival for the branded communications industry, the world's premier payments and financial services congress Money20/20, Spring Fair/Autumn Fair, the global fashion trend forecasting service WGSN, environmental risk data business Groundsure, e-commerce analytics provider One Click Retail and advisory and business services firm, MediaLink.
Ascential Events is part of Ascential plc, which transforms knowledge businesses to deliver exceptional performance. Ascential plc is a global business-to-business information company that informs and connects the business world in 150 countries through market-leading Exhibitions & Festivals and Information Services. Ascential's premium products enable focus, growth and value. The company provides customers with world class content and connections empowering their businesses to be the best informed and best connected. www.ascential.com
About Haymarket Media Group
The Haymarket Media Group established in 1957 is the largest privately-owned magazine publisher in the UK, and one of the fastest growing media companies globally. The principal business is centred around its consumer, business, professional and customer publications. These are complemented by digital platforms and live events, including extensive exhibitions, conferences and awards. The Group's global expansion comes from wholly owned subsidiaries, joint ventures and extensive licensing of key magazines to other publishers.
In Asia from their offices in Hong Kong, Mumbai and Singapore, Haymarket Media Ltd publish market-leading titles Campaign Asia-Pacific, Finance Asia, Asian Investor, CEI Asia Pacific and Campaign India. In addition Haymarket organise a number of the region's leading industry awards and conferences relating to the communications and finance sectors. For more information about the Haymarket Media Group see www.haymarket.com.
Camilla Lambert (nee Cole)
Press & PR Manager
Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity
Tel: +44-20-3033 4000
Source: Spikes Asia
Topic: Trade Show or Conference
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2018 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.