|Wednesday, 26 May 2010, 17:29 HKT/SGT|
HONG KONG, May 26, 2010 - (ACN Newswire) - The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia will kick off the 10th anniversary of the CASBAA Singapore Satellite Industry Forum on June 14th at the Shangri-La Hotel with a dynamic programme - themed "More Than Bandwidth" - with an unrivalled list of clients, operators, satellite manufacturers and launch providers.
The Asia Pacific satellite transponder market is the most vibrant in the world with hundreds of new TV channels and related platforms ready to launch in support of the world's largest and most dynamic pay-TV and mobile services sectors.
Currently, there are more than 20 Fixed Satellite Service (FSS) operators in Asia operating more than 60 satellites. In the next five years, South Asia's transponder demand is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 10%, while China will have 8-9% growth if the pace of liberalization increases, and Southeast Asia is expected to grow by 5%.
"All the numbers are in our favour," said Simon Twiston Davies, CEO of CASBAA. "The on-line market, the growth of digital video broadcast entertainment and mobile communications are all important business catalysts."
Meanwhile, Jean-Yves Le Gall, CEO, Arianespace will kick off the Forum with an opening keynote examining how the global satellite industry has evolved over the past 30 years and its roadmap for the future. In addition, fellow launch specialist Yin Liming, President, China Great Wall Industry Corporation (CGWIC) will highlight the potential of China's space industry.
Other featured speakers include:
- David Ball, Regional VP, Asia Pacific, Intelsat; Chairman, CASBAA Satellite Industry Committee
- Andrew Jordan, President & CEO, GE Satellite
- Bob Billeci, Senior VP, Technical Operations, Sony Pictures Television Networks
- Christophe Bauer, VP Commercial Sales, SpaceX
- Deepak Mathur, VP of Sales, South Asia and the Middle East, SES WORLD SKIES
- Ian Carroll, EVP & GM, Turner Broadcasting System
- Jonathan Spink, CEO, HBO Asia
- Mark Whitehead, SVP and GM, Asia, BBC Worldwide Channels
- Mike Antonovich, President and CEO, Genesis Networks
- Osamu Inoue, Senior EVP; Group President, Satellite Business Group, SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation
- Paul Brown-Kenyon, COO, MEASAT Satellite Systems
- Peter Jackson, CEO, AsiaSat
- Rajiv Khattar, President Projects, Dish TV
- Ravi Mansukhani, MD, Indusind Media & Communication (IMCL)
- Rudy Tanoesoedibjo, President, Director & CEO, PT MNC Sky Vision
- Serge Van Herck, CEO, Newtec
- Ted McFarland, MD, Pacific Skies Ltd
- Thomas Choi, CEO & Co-Founder, Asia Broadcast Satellite (ABS)
- Tim Jackson, VP Media Product Management, Intelsat
- Vikram Kaushik, MD & CEO, Tata Sky
The Presenting Sponsor of the CASBAA Singapore Satellite Industry Forum 2010 is SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation. Other sponsors include Arianespace; AsiaSat; COMSAT; Eutelsat; GE Satellite; Intelsat; Marsh; MEASAT; Newtec; SES WORLD SKIES; Space Systems/Loral and SpaceX.
"Thanks to our speakers, sponsors and members for their ongoing support, the CASBAA Singapore Forum is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, representing a significant milestone for the Association," added Twiston Davies.
For registration and the full programme for the CASBAA Singapore Satellite Industry Forum, please visit http://events.casbaa.com/singapore_satellite_industry_forum/.
Casbaa is THE trade association for the video industry and ecosystem in Asia Pacific. It serves to make the video industry stronger and healthier through promoting the common interests of its members. Casbaa leads the fight against video piracy, publishes in-depth reports and hosts conferences and seminars aimed to support a vibrant video industry. For more information, visit www.casbaa.com.
Marketing & Communications Director, CASBAA
Tel: +852 3929 1711
Email: [email protected]
Communications Manager, CASBAA
Tel: +852 3929 1712
Email: [email protected]
Topic: Trade Show or Conference
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.