|Thursday, 22 March 2018, 20:57 HKT/SGT|
Korea, Mar 22, 2018 - (ACN Newswire) - Landing International Development Limited ("Landing International" or the "Company", together with its subsidiaries, the "Group", HKEX Code: 00582) is pleased to announce the grand opening of Jeju Shinhwa World which is developed and operated by the Group. This represents the first and only iconic world-class integrated leisure and entertainment resort in Jeju Island, Korea.
|(from left) Mr Liu Zhifei, Mr Ko Choong-Hong, Mr Ahn Dong-Woo, Dr. Yang Zhihui, Mr Cho Jeong-Sik, Mr Lee Kwang-Hee and Mr Ahn Choong-Hwan officiated the grand opening ceremony |
The grand opening ceremony of Jeju Shinhwa World was held earlier this morning at the Landing Convention Centre. The event was hosted by Dr Yang Zhihui, Chairman and Executive Director of Landing International. Also present at the ceremony were distinguished guests, including Mr Liu Zhifei, Deputy Consulate General of Consulate General of the Peoples Republic of China in Jeju; Mr Cho Jeong-Sik, Chairman of Land, Infrastructure and Transport Committee of the National Assembly of the Republic of Korea; Mr Ahn Dong-Woo, Vice Governor for Political Affairs of Jeju Special Self-Governing Province; Mr Ko Choong-Hong, Chairman of Jeju Special Self-Governing Provincial Council; and Mr Lee Kwang-Hee, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Jeju Free International City Development Center, Mr. Ahn Choong-Hwan, Director General for Territorial Policy of Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport as well as Landing International's overseas business partners and friends.
Dr Yang Zhihui delivered a speech at the ceremony, during which he said, "This is a memorable milestone in the development of Jeju Shinhwa World. It represents the successful development of a world-class leisure and entertainment integrated resort on Jeju Island." He pledged to develop Jeju Shinhwa World into a world-class leisure and entertainment integrated resort that Jeju residents would be proud of, and to contribute to Jeju Island's economic development, particularly its tourism industry.
Known as "the most fabulous garden isle in South Korea" and rich in natural resources, Jeju Island attracts countless visitors every year from around the world. The island's tourism industry therefore possesses immense potential for development. Spanning a total area of 2.5 million square metres, Jeju Shinhwa World consists of luxury hotels, theme parks, facilities for catering, M.I.C.E (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, and Events), gaming and leisure activities. The resort provides one-stop services that cover tours for leisure or business to tours for couples and families, thus complementing the existing offerings from Jeju Island's tourism industry.
The world-class facilities at Jeju Shinhwa World have opened in phases since April 2017:
- In April 2017, Somerset Jeju Shinhwa World, the first world-class full-serviced resort condominium in Jeju was opened.
- In September 2017, Shinhwa Theme Park, in partnership with TUBAn Company Limited, a premier 3D animation company in South Korea, welcomed its first group of customers.
- In November 2017, Jeju Shinhwa World Landing Resort - the first own-brand hotel of Landing Group, Landing Convention Centre and YG Republique - a food and beverage and entertainment complex which is a collaboration between Jeju Shinhwa World and YG Entertainment was opened.
- In December 2017, Jeju Shinhwa World Marriott Resort and Shinhwa Shoppes were opened.
- On 25 February 2018, Jeju Shinhwa World Landing Casino conducted its grand opening.
Highly exceptional facilities are set for opening in the future, including:
- Shinhwa Waterpark, the only large-scale water park in Jeju, and Jeju Shinhwa World Shinhwa Resort are scheduled to commence operation in the summer of 2018.
- Jeju Shinhwa World Four Seasons Resort & Spa, a luxury hotel to be located in the heart of Jeju Shinhwa World, and Lionsgate Movie World, the first branded outdoor theme park based on world-famous movies, representing a collaboration between Jeju Shinhwa World and Lionsgate, are expected to be open in Jeju Shinhwa World in 2020.
Topic: Press release summary
Sectors: Daily Finance, Daily News
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2020 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.