|New live sessions, seminars and networking opportunities announced|
CANNES, FRANCE, June 17, 2016 - (ACN Newswire) - The 63rd Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity is set to throw open the doors of the Palais des Festivals on Saturday, delivering the largest ever content programme, alongside exciting new initiatives for attendees.
Lions Entertainment, a new two-day programme dedicated to unskippable creativity, brings award-winning stars of screen, sport and music to share insights with industry legends, from Mark Ronson on stage with Spotify to wrestling superstar John Cena, in conversation with WWE chief brand officer and TV personality, Stephanie McMahon. Plus Leslie Moonves, President, Chairman and CEO of CBS Corp, will open the Festival with Medialink CEO Michael Kassan.
Lions Health celebrates the life-changing trends and game-changing technology transforming the current healthcare industry, with sessions hosted by McCann Health, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness and Unicef. Lions Innovation, exploring the space where data, tech and ideas collide, presents sessions, including: Quantcast & Pixar with Mathew Luhn and Bob Greenberg hosted by R/GA.
Facilitated networking has been stepped-up with a suite of new tools and events. Meet Ups, sponsored by Getty Images, are informal gatherings for connecting with peers. Sessions include: Cannes Futurists, Leaders of Independent Creative Businesses and Women in Creative Media. Lions Network is the new and improved website messaging platform, and the newly launched Cannes Lions Networking App, delivered in partnership with PHD, enables delegates to swipe right for instant connections. Attendees can also head to the Lions Rooftop Bar and catch Meet the Speakers sessions from Sunday-Thursday at 18:00 and make associations as the sun sets.
Lions Live, in partnership with Mindshare, will stream the following Cannes Lions seminars, picked by delegates and Cannes Lions, live on YouTube:
- SNASK: Make Enemies and Gain Fans!
- memBrain: Making Magic - The Art of Illusion in Modern Brand Narrative with David Copperfield
- Hakuhodo Inc: Agency BETA - The Secret of Team Prototyping
- Flipboard: The Art of Curating
- Dentsu Inc: Thinking Design
- Razorfish and Contagious: Cracking the Code of Creativity
- Google: Adventures in Virtual Reality
- The Girls' Lounge: Gender Equality is No Laughing Matter
- MEC and Paramount Pictures: Star Trek Beyond - Retelling an Iconic Story for a New Generation with Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg and Chris Pine
- Unilever: The Future of Brands
- Getty Images: Unfiltered Storytelling from the Frontline
- VICE: Spike Jonze & Shane Smith - Making Content We Care About
- Publicis Groupe: Beyond the Big Screen
- The Cannes Debate: Ban Ki-Moon, Secretary General of the United Nations
- DigitasLBi: The Future is Rebellion
- M&C Saatchi: Misfits and Madmen
There will be more Inside the Jury Room sessions this year, bringing Presidents and panels fresh from judging to discuss trends and awarded work, as well as more guided Tours of the Work, including tours with Cindy Gallop, Founder and CEO of IfWeRanTheWorld / MakeLoveNotPorn and Rob Reilly, Global Creative Chairman, McCann Worldgroup. It will all take place in a new Work & Awards Hub - the Festival's knowledge centre, where attendees immerse themselves in every aspect of award-winning creativity, from brief to trophy.
And finally, Chief Creatives on the Beach are new daily sessions on the Cannes Lions Beach, featuring leading industry creatives, including: Eduardo Maruri, President / Chief Creative Officer, Mauri Grey Ecuador; Ted Royer, Chief Creative Officer, Droga5 and Stephane Xiberras, President and Chief Creative Officer, BETC.
The full programme is available at canneslions.com and in the official Cannes Lions App - delivered in partnership with PHD - available in the iOS and Android App Stores.
+44 20 30334156
Topic: Press release summary
Source: Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity
Sectors: Film & Video, Advertising
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2021 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.