|Thursday, 19 January 2023, 17:00 HKT/SGT|
|Promoting economic development and strengthening city's role as global business hub|
HONG KONG, Jan 19, 2023 - (ACN Newswire) - As Hong Kong reopens its doors to Mainland China and the world at large, the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) will roll out a full season of global trade fairs and conferences, coupled with a plethora of overseas promotions, to create opportunities for the Hong Kong, Mainland and international business communities.
The HKTDC also welcomes the further relaxation of quarantine measures announced by the Hong Kong SAR Government today, and will work together with the Government to attract Mainland Chinese and overseas business people to return to Hong Kong and accelerate Hong Kong's commercial and trade development.
HKTDC Chairman Dr Peter K N Lam said: "As travel between Hong Kong and Mainland China and the world has resumed, we are delighted to experience the vitality of our events last week, which welcomed international business leaders from some 100 countries to participate physically and online. Looking ahead, we will align our strategy to support the Hong Kong SAR Government's policies and the 14th Five-Year Plan to reinvigorate the city's economy, and have prepared a full programme of fairs, conferences, overseas promotions and support activities throughout the year, giving full play to Hong Kong's unique advantages of being backed by the motherland and connected to the world. We also aim to reinforce Hong Kong's role as a global business hub and help international, Mainland and local businesses connect and succeed."
Having successfully concluded several major events, including the Asian Financial Forum and fairs focused on toys and games, babies, stationery, and wine and spirits that welcomed business people from some 100 countries, the HKTDC's strategy for 2023-2024 will support the Hong Kong SAR Government's policies to strengthen the city's economy and its status as a global business hub, while integrating Hong Kong further into national economic development.
HKTDC's 2023-2024 major work will include:
1) Help Hong Kong attract investment and talent by creating opportunities that bring international and Mainland companies to do business via Hong Kong:
* HKTDC will mark the 10th anniversary of the Belt and Road Initiative, enriching the content of the Belt and Road Summit;
* HKTDC will promote Hong Kong's role in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA) to both the Mainland and overseas markets;
* HKTDC will organise overseas missions led by Hong Kong SAR Govt. officials to attract more overseas companies to do business via Hong Kong
* HKTDC will enhance deal-making work through major conferences the Asian Financial Forum and Belt and Road Summit and other industry events.
2) Telling Hong Kong stories to overseas business communities utilizing HKTDC's network of 50 offices worldwide and 47 Hong Kong Business Associations:
* The long-awaited overseas mega promotion, Think Business, Think Hong Kong, will be held in Thailand in Jul, while other seminars will be held around the world;
* The HKTDC will organise Hong Kong pavilions at major expos and fairs, such as China International Fair for Trade in Services in Beijing, CIIE in Shanghai, China International Consumer Products Expo in Haikou (Hainan Expo), Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nuremberg International Toy Fair and MIDO Eyewear Show in Milan.
3) Reinforce pillar industries and develop emerging industries by promoting opportunities in tech and innovation, medical and healthcare, and integrating these into our pillar industry events:
* In addition to HKTDC's Exhibition+ model and Click2Match digital service, the HKTDC will consolidate the tech-oriented fairs in April and launch the new Business of Innovation and Technology Week with the new InnoEx, replacing the International ICT Expo;
* An expanded version of International Healthcare Week, integrating the Asia Summit on Global Health and HK International Medical and Healthcare Fair, will be held in May to reinforce Hong Kong's position as a premier medical and healthcare innovation and investment platform;
* With Eco Expo as the anchor event, we will expand the promotion of sustainability across other HKTDC platforms by highlighting the theme at major conferences and trade fairs, and launching an ESG track under the Transformation Sandbox (T-Box) SME support programme and other platforms;
* In addition, the ESG track will be featured at major industry events, including Asian Financial Forum, Asian Logistics, Maritime and Aviation Conference and more.
4) Support enterprises, especially SMEs and start-ups, with year-round support programmes:
* The HKTDC will continue with its Support Scheme for Pursuing Development in the Mainland to help Hong Kong companies operating in the mainland, with T-Box for Hong Kong SMEs, GoGBA platform for Hong Kong and international companies tapping the GBA market, Start-up Express for start-ups as well as with Design Gallery (DG) to promote local brands and designs;
* The younger generation can expand their horizons by joining HKTDC Trade Ambassador Programme (TAP) to learn about HK's different industries and opportunities, especially in the GBA.
The HKTDC remains committed to connecting businesses with opportunities via Hong Kong, promoting the city's advantages to the global business community and strengthening its role as a world-class business hub, and a two-way investment and trade platform for GBA, ASEAN and RCEP.
For details of HKTDC's work focus, please visit: https://aboutus.hktdc.com/en/
The Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) is a statutory body established in 1966 to promote, assist and develop Hong Kong's trade. With 50 offices globally, including 13 in Mainland China, the HKTDC promotes Hong Kong as a two-way global investment and business hub. The HKTDC organises international exhibitions, conferences and business missions to create business opportunities for companies, particularly small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), in the mainland and international markets. The HKTDC also provides up-to-date market insights and product information via research reports and digital news channels. For more information, please visit: www.hktdc.com/aboutus. Follow us on Twitter @hktdc and LinkedIn.
HKTDC's Communications & Public Affairs Department:
Agnes Wat, Tel: +852 2584 4554, Email: email@example.com
Sam Ho, Tel: +852 2584 4569, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Topic: Press release summary
Sectors: Trade Shows, Retail & eCommerce, Daily Finance, Daily News, Local Biz
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2023 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.