|Thursday, 5 November 2015, 16:00 HKT/SGT|
|Screenings and Events Spotlight Co-Production Opportunities|
HONG KONG, Nov 5, 2015 - (ACN Newswire) - Hong Kong Day at the American Film Market (AFM(R)) is set to open tomorrow in Santa Monica, United States. Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) Regional Director of Americas Ralph Chow and AFM(R) Managing Director Jonathan Wolf welcomed the sixth edition of the event, which is co-organised by the AFM(R) and the HKTDC. Hong Kong Day features events and screenings highlighting international opportunities for film production in Hong Kong.
Connecting the global film industry
Hong Kong's advantages as a production base for global filmmakers are the central theme of Hong Kong Day at AFM(R). A seminar entitled "Hong Kong: The Next Generation of Project Management for Production in Asia" will feature speakers from Hong Kong's film industry discussing various advantages and hot topics. A Hong Kong Reception is also arranged to give attendees a chance to network with film industry leaders from Hong Kong and around the world. Meanwhile, film premieres throughout the day by Hong Kong companies showcase some of the top work taking place in the region.
"Hong Kong is a perfect production hub for international film business in Asia," said Mr Wolf. "We are delighted to support this showcase of Hong Kong at the AFM(R) and help build even stronger global film ties."
"With the rapid development of the entertainment business in Asia, there is a growing trend for cross-boundary film production," said Mr Chow. "In this context, production companies need local partners with technical sophistication as well as a firm understanding of regional industry dynamics. Hong Kong's strong talent pool of film professionals familiar in working with both Eastern and Western film projects leaves it uniquely suited to thrive in this kind of role."
Mr Chow also underscored the benefits for international filmmakers teaming up with Hong Kong partners to take advantage of the unique free trade pact between Hong Kong and the Chinese mainland, called the Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement (CEPA). Under CEPA, Hong Kong-Mainland co-productions are not subject to quotas and restrictions that are normally placed on foreign films being shown on the mainland.
Hong Kong at the Movies
The following films will be presented by Hong Kong companies on Hong Kong Day:
- Are you here, from Young Live Entertainment (HK) Co. Ltd. - screening at AMC Santa Monica 2, 1pm
- Monster Hunt, from Edko Films Ltd. - screening at AMC Santa Monica 6, 3pm
- Office, from Edko Films Ltd. - screening at Broadway Cineplex 2, 5pm
- Saving Mr. Wu, from Golden Network Asia Ltd. - screening at AMC Santa Monica 6, 5pm
- The Secret, from Media Asia Distribution Ltd. - screening at AMC Santa Monica 2, 3pm
* Remarks: for a full list of Hong Kong films being screened at AFM(R), please refer to the attached. http://bit.ly/1NReeeY
Opening Ceremony (ribbon cutting)
Venue: Main entrance, Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
Details: No RSVP required; all guests welcome
Seminar - "Hong Kong: The Next Generation of Project Management for Production in Asia"
Panel: Mr Peter Lam, Vice Chairman, Hong Kong Motion Picture Industry Association Limited (MPIA); Mr Chu Chen On, Co-founder and Managing Director, October Pictures Limited; Mr Fred Wang, Chairman, Salon Films
Time: 2:30pm - 4pm
Venue: AFM(R) Studio, Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
Details: No RSVP required; open to all AFM(R) badge-holders
(Seating is limited and on a first-come-first-served basis)
Hong Kong Reception
Time: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Venue: Ocean & Vine Restaurant, Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
Details: Invitation only
Hong Kong Companies at AFM(R)
- All Rights Entertainment Ltd. (Lowes - 532)
- Bravos Pictures Ltd. (Lowes - 654)
- China 3D Digital Distribution Ltd. (Lowes - 456)
- Distribution Workshop (Lowes - 605)
- Easternlight Films (Lowes - 729)
- Edko Films Ltd. (Lowes - 450)
- Emperor Motion Pictures Ltd. (Lowes - 509)
- Fotissimo Films (Lowes - 811)
- Golden Network Asia Ltd. (Lowes - 437)
- HLCG Film Guarantors Ltd. (Lowes - 311)
- Media Asia Distribution Ltd. (Lowes - 517)
- Mega-Vision Pictures Ltd. (Lowes - 528)
- Mei Ah Entertainment Group Ltd. (Lowes - 526)
- Pegasus Motion Pictures Distribution Ltd. (Lowes - 640)
- Universe Films Distribution Company Ltd. (Lowes - 447)
- Young Live Entertainment (HK) Co. Ltd. (Lowes - 763)
The Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) is a statutory body established in 1966 to promote, assist and develop Hong Kong's trade. With 50 offices globally, including 13 in Mainland China, the HKTDC promotes Hong Kong as a two-way global investment and business hub. The HKTDC organises international exhibitions, conferences and business missions to create business opportunities for companies, particularly small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), in the mainland and international markets. The HKTDC also provides up-to-date market insights and product information via trade publications, research reports and digital news channels. For more information, please visit: www.hktdc.com/aboutus. Follow us on Twitter @hktdc and LinkedIn.
Corporate Communication Department
Tel: +852 2584 4216
Email: [email protected]
Topic: Trade Show or Conference
Sectors: Trade Shows, Retail & eCommerce, Advertising
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2020 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.