|Friday, 15 April 2016, 17:56 JST|
KARIYA, JAPAN, Apr 15, 2016 - (JCN Newswire) - DENSO Corporation and Toyota Tsusho Corporation have agreed to form a joint venture in Bangkok, Thailand. The new company, Toyota Tsusho DENSO Electronics (Thailand) Co., Ltd., plans to start developing software in July 2016 to help improve the efficiency of engine electronic control unit (engine ECU) development.
Recently, it has been challenging to improve efficiency when developing software used in engine ECUs because, as the control of powertrains becomes increasingly complex, the development scale expands accordingly. The joint venture will use models in all phases of software development including control-program development, design, and verification.
Moreover, to be capable of supporting a wide variety of ECUs to be developed, the new company will standardize software and improve development efficiency and speed.
The new company will be capitalized at 20 million baht (Approx. US$0.6 million).
Profile of the joint venture
1. Name: Toyota Tsusho DENSO Electronics (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
2. Location: Bangkok, Thailand
3. President: Hideya Ito while also serving as President and CEO of Toyota
Tsusho Electronics (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
4. Establishment: July 2016 (planned)
5. Capital: 20 million baht (Approx. US$0.6 million)
6. Ownership: 51percent owned by DENSO INTERNATIONAL ASIA PTE., LTD. and 49
percent owned by Toyota Tsusho Electronics (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
7. Employees: Approx. 30 (FY2016)
8. Business desc.: Designing and developing software used in automotive engine ECUs
Profile of Toyota Tsusho DENSO Electronics (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
1. Location: Bangkok, Thailand
2. President: Hideya Ito
3. Establishment: 2005
4. Capital: 32 million baht (Approx. US$0.9 million)
5. Employees: 200
6. Business desc.: Developing embedded automotive and related system
software and selling in-vehicle electronic devices.
* The foreign exchange rate used in this news release is US$0.03 to the
Sadayoshi Yokoyama, Toshiko Watanabe
Topic: Press release summary
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2022 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.