|Wednesday, 25 August 2010, 19:34 HKT/SGT|
Source: Spikes Asia
SINGAPORE, Aug 25, 2010 - (ACN Newswire) - For the second year, Spikes Asia has teamed up with Cheil Worldwide to form a dedicated Academy for 15 students from across Asia Pacific offering a unique educational programme during the regional annual advertising and communications festival.
Guided by their own tutor, Noor Azhar Mohamed, lecturer in Creative Media Design at Singapore Polytechnic, the students will benefit from the various festival activities, which include a world-class seminar programme, engaging workshops, interactive kiosks and screenings of all the competing work and shortlist exhibitions. To further enhance their learning experience, the students will also enjoy their own unique master-classes and tutorials given by top international industry figures. The Academy's activities will culminate in a graduation ceremony.
Commenting on their Spikes Academy sponsorship, Nack-Hoi Kim, President and CEO of Cheil Worldwide said, "We are very happy to once again be involved in the Spikes Asia Academy. We are committed to the development and nurture of young talent in the region, and as such, Spikes Asia is a great opportunity for the future of our industry to be involved in."
"Last year's students all commented on their outstanding learning and inspirational experience after participating in the Spikes Asia Student Academy. We are therefore delighted to work with Cheil Worldwide again to deliver a unique learning platform and insight into the industry to another group of enthusiastic students to further assist in the development of their careers," said Terry Savage, Cannes Lions Festival Chairman, joint organisers with Haymarket of Spikes Asia.
This year's group of students in tertiary education studying advertising, marketing and communications who have earned a place on the 2010 Spikes Asia Academy are:
- Peter Wang Di, Xiamen University, China
- Chen Jia, Communication University of China, China
- Nelson Tsui Lap Shing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Ma Sui Mei, Sammy, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Khushboo Sharma, H.R. College, India
- Abhishek Iyer, ICSE Arya Vidya Mandir, India
- Ethenia Novianty Windaningrum, University of Indonesia, Indonesia
- Ji-Seong Park, Kookmin University, Korea
- Jeong Yumi, Korea University, Korea
- Nida Shaukat, Royal Holloway University in London, Pakistan
- Sarah Faye U. Wu, Grace Christian College, The Philippines
- Marcus Lim Kok Hao, La Salles College of Arts, Singapore
- Charmaine Ang, Singapore Polytechnic, Singapore
- Alvaro Bruch, MCU Taiwan, Taiwan
- Naruporn Srisukri, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Thailand
PR & Press Manager
Spikes Asia Advertising Festival
Tel: +44-20-7728 4034
E-mail: [email protected]
Topic: Sponsorship of Event
Source: Spikes Asia
Sectors: Broadcast, Film & Sat
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2021 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.