|Thursday, 8 September 2011, 18:34 HKT/SGT|
Source: Spikes Asia
SINGAPORE, Sept 8, 2011 - (ACN Newswire) - Spikes Asia and Cheil Worldwide are once again teaming up to form the Spikes Asia Student Academy, offering a unique educational programme for a select group of 15 students from across Asia Pacific.
Taking place during the three-day Spikes Asia Festival, the Academy students currently in tertiary education studying advertising, marketing and communications, will be tutored by Noor Azhar, a lecturer on Visual Communication and Media Design at Singapore Polytechnic.
They will benefit from a tailored agenda which will include exclusive access to personalised tutorials and masterclasses from top industry figures, as well as participating in the Spikes Asia seminar and workshop programme and enjoying the evening networking events, giving them an exceptional first-hand insight into the creative advertising and communications industry of which they will be part of in the future. The Academy's activities will culminate in a graduation ceremony.
"We look forward to welcoming this year's group of students. The Spikes Academy will expand their knowledge about the advertising and communications sectors, giving them the skills they need to stand out from the crowd when they embark on a career in the industry. We are delighted to work with Cheil Worldwide again to deliver this unique learning platform," says Steve Latham, Director of Talent and Training for Spikes Asia.
Commenting on their Spikes Academy sponsorship, Nack-Hoi Kim, President and CEO of Cheil Worldwide says, "This will be our third year sponsoring the Spikes Academy, and we are very excited to be inviting 15 promising students in Asia to attend the festival this year. We have no doubt that these students will learn and be inspired from the industry leaders as well as the wonderful, rich programme which will be tailor-made for the group. I hope that this experience will inspire them to reach their fullest potential in their future endeavours."
This year's group of students who have earned a place on the 2011 Spikes Asia Academy are:
- Cheng Hui Chun, National Chengchi University, Taiwan
- Shanika Perera, Academy of Design Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka
- Pathum Vishvakarma, Academy of Design Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Ian Gregory Tan, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Singapore
- Yeon You Jin, Ewha University, Korea
- Kim Ko Eun, Dongkuk University, Korea
- Takuma Namba, University of Waseda, Japan
- Shuto Umemura, Tama Art University, Japan
- Lolitya Anindita, Universitas Gadjah, Indonesia
- Doppy Catur Prasetya, Gadjah Mada University Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Punit Chadha, Delhi University, India
- Vivek Agarwal, Mumbai University, India
- Chan Hop Lao Henry, Savanna College of Art & Design, Hong Kong
- Iris Chang Ka yu, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Chen Wang, Tsinghua University, China
For more information about Spikes Asia or register to attend, please visit http://www.spikes.asia
Spikes Asia is jointly organised by Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity and Haymarket, publishers of Campaign Asia.
PR & Press Manager
Spikes Asia Advertising Festival
Tel: +44 20 7728 4040
Topic: Trade Show or Conference
Source: Spikes Asia
Sectors: Broadcast, Film & Sat
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2021 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.